Sunday, October 31, 2010

ARTIFACT 17

THIS SPEECH IS AGAINST
GLADSTONE's FAMOUS BUDGET SPEECH


1. 
a) Which main topic does the artifact relate to? In what ways?
The artifact relates to Nation, since Gladstone was considered by many a statesman and leader.

b) Which other main topics does it also relate to?

West to east, imperialism, nation, Urbanization.
2. Why did you choose this artifact, and how much time did you spend creating and/or processing it?
I chose it because I am fascinated by politics, and it is not always that a politician who really thinks and enacts great policies come along.  And also because G.O.M. sounds funny.
3. What insights and understanding have you gained from the creation and/or processing of this artifact?
Political life in Britain was in a sense very detached from the general British populace. The public followed whoever provided them with food and entertainment and their simple wishes.
4. Does this artifact reflect your best work and/or ideas? Why, or why not?
Yes, Since I think I properly reflected parts of the speech used for that time.
5. Rate this artifact on a scale of -5 to 5 (0 is neutral) for the following 4 criterion:
a) Impact on the quality of your Portfolio
5
b) Impact on your level of happiness/enjoyment
5
c) Impact on your learning
5
d) Level of creativity and originality
5
6. Any additional comments.
G.O.M. is gladstone's nickname, Grand Old Man.




CREDIT
-http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/gordon_brown/3797865.stm
I based my speech mannerisms on this format, so it would be most like in the 18th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment